Thursday, January 13, 2011

Video games, paintings, and bird baths

Today I went to a local Goodwill and found something that will be sold on ebay.
Certain video games can command high prices on ebay if you know which ones they are.
Since my husband is an avid game collector, he has a great knowledge of what's rare and what's worth money.  Anything he already has and that is worth something goes on ebay.
Today he found Super Mario All-Stars for Super Nintendo.
It's a great game but he already has it so it will be sold.  I'll try to do an update after it's sold so that you can see what we made.
Purchase price - $2.00
Value - $15.00-$20.00

Next up is a plaque of Les Grandes Baigneuses (Bathers) by Paul Cezanne (1839-1906).
I love impressionist paintings and thought that this would be good for the bathroom
Also interesting to me was that the back tells what the painting is, where the painting is located (The National Gallery, London), who painted it, when it was painted (1900-1906), the composition (oil on canvas), and the size of the original.  The sticker says copyright of The National Gallery so the plaque may have been a souvenir.
Purchase price - $.99



Last up is a brand new in the box bird bath.
This find struck me as funny since the day before I had been saying I needed more bird baths for my birds.
Lately, they've had to share one and this has caused some fights.  My Indian Ringneck Parakeet has claimed the bath for his own and doesn't like for anyone else to use it.  Hopefully, an extra bird bath will alleviate some of the squabbling.
Purchase price - $1.50
Value - $6.99



No comments:

Post a Comment