Friday, January 7, 2011

Loch Ness Monster, Pie plate, plant hanger, and CDs

Today was a fun day at the Goodwill.
The first thing I found is something I intend to give as a gag gift.
It is a little pottery Loch Ness Monster that seems to be a souvenir from the UK.
The box caught my eye as it says "Baby Nessie:  The Little Monster in a Wee Box."
Purchase Price - $.59

Next up is a pie plate that has a recipe for strawberry pie on it.
As a lover of pie, especially strawberry, I was excited to find this plate since I'm always losing my pie recipe for strawberry.
There are no chips or flaws of any kind and is just pretty!
It is made by the Royal China Company in Sebring, OH.  It is most likely from the 60's, probably before 1969.  In 1969, the Jeanette Glass Company purchased Royal China and added their name to the logo.  This pie plate does not have the Jeanette name on it.
Purchase price - $2.00
Value - $10.00+



Plant hanger
I bought this not to hang plants but to hang bird toys for my pet birds.
I'm unable to hang things from the ceiling but this makes it where I can hang the toys from the wall.
Cost - $.99

And lastly, three classical CDs.
The first is an unopened copy of Yo-Yo Ma:  Simply Baroque.  I'm fairly certain that we already have this CD so this one will be resold.
The second is Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue and Piano Concerto in F played by Katia & Marielle Labeque.
The last is music by a composer that I'm not familiar with, Albert W. Ketelbey but thought sounded interesting.
Purchase price (all three) - $9.00



1 comment:

  1. Yvonne. I love your new blog. that Nessie thing is way cool! Richena

    ReplyDelete